VALUATION Corp. provides patent and industrial design valuation services in Moscow and other Russian regions
We provide professional valuation services in regard to patents for inventions and industrial designs, utility certificates and selection patents. We have extensive experience in patents valuation for various purposes, the most common among these purposes are:
- making a non-monetary contribution to the company’s charter fund (shareholders' capital);
- closing a buy-sell transaction;
- re-valuation of the company’s fixed assets.
We can also assist in estimation of fair license fees (royalties) for using intellectual property under license agreement. In case of any damage caused to the owner of the intellectual property through illegal use of his or her intellectual property, we may assess the damage and define the reasonable amount of compensation.
Documents and information required for patent or industrial design valuation:
- Name of the subject intellectual property (IP).
- Description of the subject IP.
- Documents proving the title to the subject IP: patents, certificates, licensing agreements, copyright agreements, etc.
After the review of the principal documents, depending on the specific nature of the subject IP, we may also need:
- Specifications of the subject IP (or products made using the subject IP), compared with existing similar (competing) products.
- Specification of possible and/or existing sources of income from use of the subject IP.
- Description of the possible or existing market for subject IP.
- Total expenses for acquisition of the rights to the subject IP.
- Technical, operating, environmental or economic benefits from the use of the subject IP, such as:
- Increase in sales of all or specific types of the company’s products using the subject IP;
- Increase in price attributable to the product quality;
- Savings in production costs through application of subject IP;
- Revenue from sales of the licenses to use the subject IP.
- Incurred expenses for creating of the subject IP, expenses for legal and other types of IP protection, expenses for marketing of the subject IP.
The above list of documents and information is preliminary and may be reduced or expanded after the valuer’s detailed review of the valuation assignment, depending on the purpose of valuation and the nature of the subject IP.
Should you have any queries regarding patents and industrial designs valuation in Russia, please contact us.
© VALUATION Corp. All rights reserved.